Hope


NawLel Pwe 

ESLINTG 100 CE 

January 27, 2020 
      Hope 
My name is NawLel Pweand it means fulfilled in Karen. My real name that my mother gave me was Naw Tar Mu Lar Lel Pwe Htun, which means fulfilled hope or dream. In Karen’s culture every girl needs to have their first name as Naw and Saw for boys. She gave me that name for a specific reason. My mother gave me that long name because she wanted to have two sons and two daughters. I am the fourth child and the youngest in my family. She was sad before she had me because she miscarried her third child. She wasn’t young, so she was worried that she wouldn’t have any more children.  She prayed to God to give her two more daughters because she already had two sons. She prayed every day and night and cried a lot. I believe God heard her prayers and made her dream come true by fulfilling her prayer. Words that came to my mind when I think about my name are dream, hope, fulfilled, wish, joy, blessing, and successful. I like my long name more than my short name because it’s meaning is deeper and more important. 

Comments

  1. Hi NawLel. You are the first daughter! Your family must be really happy when you were born. As you said, I also agree with that your name is long but it is more meaningful. God must have responded your mother's prayer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NawLel. Your real name is too long, but it had a meaningful for you. Sorry to hear about your mom's story, and I think everything will be fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to read your story. I enjoyed it. 🙂 I can understand your feelings because I am also the youngest in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think every time you could feel the love of your mother through your name. It is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your family must love you very much because you are the only girl in your family. I hope you can just like your name, your life would be wonderful and successful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Indescribable Happiness

Golden Ingot

Miracle of Han River